Training & SupportHelping participants lead an independent life
Westside provides group training and one on one support for people with NDIS funding for these activities.
One on one support is tailored to meet each person’s needs and goals. It operates Monday to Saturday.
Group training is provided Tuesday to Friday. The two types are: Lifeskills & Independent Living and Employment Preparation.
All programs have been professionally developed and are delivered by qualified staff. The group sessions are delivered at our Yeerongpilly office. We have arranged transport to our office for some participants (please contact us for details). Download our brochure for more information.
Lifeskills & Independent Living
Participants have a choice of 1 day or 3 days/week, includes:
- Communication skills
- Independent living skills such as shopping, cooking and using public transport
- Health, nutrition and personal safety
General program (2 days/week)
- Employer expectations
- Time management
- Workplace communication
- Understanding the work environment
- Resume and job interview training
- Referral to a Disability Employment Support (DES) program provider
School leaver Employment Support (SLES)
- More “in depth” employment preparation program (unfortunately, only available to school leavers with NDIS funding for SLES).
- Customised to more closely meet individual participant’s needs.
- One on one tutoring, as well as a work experience option.