Westside Community Services LimitedProjects and Sponsorship
Projects & Sponsorship
Subject to our yearly budget, projects eligible for our sponsorships include:
- Support and networking opportunities for people with disabilities and their carers, such as social club dinners when possible
- Employment and Work Experience for people with disabilities
- Donations to organisations and charitable groups which work with people experiencing hardship
- Development of group training programs for people with disabilities to help them lead an independent life
- Brisbane-based in Australia and Central regions based in Vietnam are preferable
Only projects which do not have an ongoing funding commitment will be considered.
Current Projects (2020)
- Communify (Brisbane)
Funded to provide food vouchers for people in need.
- The Smith Family (Brisbane)
Funding has been committed to assist a number of disadvantaged students.
- Danang (Vietnam)
Funded to provide food and other essential items to people with disabilities, elderly homeless people, and people in hardship due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- The Compassionate Flower
Funded to provide vocational training to people with disabilities and support disadvantaged people to maintain their employment in the central regions in Vietnam.
- Bicycles for disadvantaged students in remote and rural regions in the Central of Vietnam
Funding has been committed to provide bicycles for up to 100 students from poor families so they can travel to school from their mountain and rural areas.