Projects & Sponsorship
Projects and Sponsorship
Subject to our yearly budget, projects eligible for our sponsorships include:
- Support and networking opportunities for people with disabilities and their carers, such as social club dinners when possible.
- Employment and Work Experience for people with disabilities.
- Donations to organisations and charitable groups which work with people experiencing hardship.
- Development of group training programs for people with disabilities to help them lead an independent life.
- Brisbane-based in Australia and Central region based in Vietnam are preferable.
Only projects which do not have an ongoing funding commitment will be considered.
Funded Projects in July 2021 – June 2022
- Provide funds to community and employment assistance programs for people with disabilities, organised by Communify Brisbane
- Provide funds to assist disadvantaged students from Bracken Ridge, Watson, Carole Park, Darra and Rocklea Primary State Schools
- Provide care packages to disadvantaged people, especially people with disabilities and elderly people in the rural regions of Quang-Nam, Danang
- Support the employment of young people employed by the Association in Support of Danang Handicapped and Orphans (ASDHO)
- Provide stationary supplies to school students from disadvantaged families
- Under the “Bicycles for Learning” Project
– Provide 60 bicycles to disadvantaged students in Hue-Thua Thien regions, organised by a charity organisation Compassion Flower
– Provide almost 300 bicycles to the students of Junior Secondary High Schools from disadvantaged families of many rural and mountainous locations from Quang-Nam, Quang-Ngai, Binh-Dinh to Phu Yen, including locations such as Hoa-Bac, Nam-Giang, Tay-Giang,Tien-Phuoc and Thang-Binh
Westside’s achievements from July 2020 to June 2021
- Vocational training and employment support for six (6) people with disabilities
- Through a local community organisation, provide food vouchers to 150 families
- Work with a local community organisation to provide 16,000 free meals to women victims of Domestic Violence, homeless people and young adults between foster-care homes as well as people with mental illnesses
- Meet the electricity costs for one year to support about 20 refugees who are living in the community
- Donate 170 bicycles to junior High School students from poor families, in rural and remote locations
- Provide care packages (rice, noodles, cooking oil, canned food etc.) to 500 families who are victims of the late 2020 flood and landslides, or those who lost their livelihoods due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Provide food supplements to 100 patients in the Danang Lung Disease Hospital
- Provide employment for a number of people with disabilities or who were the victims of Human Trafficking
Westside’s achievements from July 2019 to June 2020
2020 was a challenging year around the world. Westside Community Services Limited has shifted its core business, from providing employment and training services to people with disabilities, to providing financial support to disadvantaged people in Brisbane and Vietnam.
So far this year, Westside has donated about $100,000 to various community organizations and charity groups, in Brisbane and Vietnam to:
- support a number of people with disabilities in employment and training
- sponsor 5 school children from an Indigenous background, to complete their studies
- help provide more than 1000 care packages and food vouchers to disadvantaged people who were affected by COVID-19
- support 18 Asylum seekers, located in the north side of Brisbane
- provide the supporting network for parents of young people with disabilities in Brisbane
- working with local schools and volunteer groups to donate bicycles to students from poor families
- raise awareness of Human Trafficking in the Central Vietnam to at risk groups and social workers, via training and information leaflets
- create employment for Vietnamese women with disabilities, human trafficking victims and older women
- contribute to the running of classes to children in the mountain regions of Central Vietnam
- help fund and promote the on-going project “Beanies for Kiddies” to ensure young children have beanies during winter, and disadvantaged women can undertake paid work by knitting them